Washington County 4-H Families,
We will be hosting a 4-H Recordbook Clinic on Tuesday, April 25th at the Washington County Fairgrounds Sales Facility. This clinic is open to all 4-H members and their families.
I am often asked why should my child do a 4-H Recordbook, what is in it for them?
- Allows your child to apply for County 4-H awards. Keep in mind that Gold Star recipients in Washington County each are awarded with a $500 scholarship from the Washington County 4-H Parent Association.
- It is a requirement for all county council officer candidates to complete a 4-H Recordbook the year before they apply to be a county council officer.
- The Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship Application is modeled after the 4-H Recordbook forms. It makes the application process much easier.
- The Washington County EEA Scholarship requires a 4-H Recordbook to be completed in order to apply for their scholarship.
- 4-H Recordbooks are judged and students can receive awards in Recordbook Judging events at the County, District, and State Level (Only Senior Recordbooks go to State).
What this clinic is not:
- This is not a clinic for the Washington County Fair Commercial Heifer Recordbook.