- This event has passed.
POSTPONED: Private Applicator Training
April 15 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Private Applicator Training – Washington County Extension Conference Room – April 15, 2020
If you plan on using a state limited use or state restricted use pesticide, such as Grazon P+D, 2 4-D, Weedmaster, etc., and need a license, the Texas AgriLife Extension Service will be sponsoring a Private Applicator Training and Testing on Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at the Washington County Extension Conference Room, 1305 E Blue Bell Road, Brenham. Books and study materials for the course need to be purchased ahead of time for $40.00 at the Extension Office. A registration fee of $10.00 will be charged for the training. The registration fee will include the training, additional study materials, refreshments, and breakfast. The training will begin at 8:30am and conclude at approximately 12:30pm. Please reserve your spot for the training as soon as possible; seating is limited.
The Texas Department of Agriculture who over sees the testing and administration of Applicator Licensing has contracted with PSI Services to administer the exam for agriculture pesticide applicator licensing. Applicants will coordinate testing with PSI at one of their 22 locations around Texas. Details on the process, locations, cost, and other pertinent information will be provided at the training to help applicants complete the licensing process. Once an applicant has completed the training, and pass the exam with a score of 70 or above, they will you will be eligible to apply for your Private Applicator
License, which will allow you to purchase all state limited use and restricted use pesticides used in agriculture.
In preparation for the training please remember these important things:
- Please be sure to purchase the TWO study guides before the class. These manuals are required by Texas Department of Agriculture and will cost $40/set and are available at the Extension Office in Brenham. You can purchase your study guides from any county office but will be asked to pay the training fee for the day of the event.
- The training will begin at 8:30am and should conclude around 12:30pm. We will provide a folder of reference material, breakfast, coffee, and a variety of drinks. The cost for the training will be $10/person.
- At the conclusion of the training you will be eligible to apply for your license through the TDA. We will have the forms available for you to complete and we will be glad to mail them off for you or you can mail them on your own. TDA will require the application form and $60 for your license.
- Once TDA has processed your application and verified your training they will ask the Regional Testing Center to contact you to schedule your Applicator Exam. You will not be permitted to take the exam prior to completing the training, submitting the application, and being contacted by the Testing Center. The fee for the exam will be $64 paid to PSI at the time of testing.
- After you have passed your exam TDA will mail you a license and you can being to purchase restricted use pesticides as well as begin accruing CEUs toward your recertification.
For more information and to reserve your spot at the training, register online at https://washington.agrilife.org/pat/ or contact the Texas A&M AgriLIFE Extension Office of Washington County at (979) 277-6212.
Oops! We could not locate your form.